Monday 12 March 2012

PATTERN EXPERIMENTATION// MARBLING




I have been doing a lot of experimentation with marbling trying to find a media to recreate a galaxy type image. Instead of using classic marbling inks, i created my own by mixing cooking oil and drawing inks which gives a much more speckled effect. The final outcomes have been edited and put into a kaleidoscope effect. I think that these prints will work great on fabric in block colour contrasted with a simple colour to exxagerate the vibrant pattern. Definitely a contender for the Oxfam upcyle.  

Below is a video of a strange thing that i came across when i was marbling... it may even be the eighth wonder of the world? When I mixed a specific ratio on printer ink with sunflower oil it had an explosive effect when it hits the water and carries on bubbling for a good few minutes after, I seem to have found an chemical retain that creates a massive surge of energy.



No comments:

Post a Comment